In previous 2 articles, we learned how to use DRUMMER of "GarageBand for iPhone". In this article, we will play with many DRUMMERs.
Drum has a main role of rythm part and can affect mood of the music very well. So, if you understand DRUMMER function, you can arrange and generate your own remixes.
Today we will arrange "Alone" by Marshmello.
Here is the workflow.
- Download MIDI file to iPhone
- Import MIDI file to GarageBand
- Select DRUMMER & PRESET
- Play & Listen
- Save your project
1. Download MIDI file to iPhone
"GarageBand for iPhone" can import MIDI file. Many MIDI files are downloadable on websites by free/payment. Today we use free MIDI file.
There are several ways to download files on the web to iPhone, though. In this article we use SAFARI browser.
Click "FREE DOWNLOAD".
(Cited from https://www.cprato.com)
A few seconds later, memu pop-ups. Tap "Download".
2. Import MIDI file to GarageBandTap "Smart Piano" from "KEYBOARD TOP" page.
Tap Icon to move to Track view.
Select MIDI (.mid) file.
Drag to track area.
MIDI file was imported. Tap to select "Piano icon", which was created automatically by "Smart Piano".
Tap "Piano icon" again to show menu bar. Tap "Delete".
Tap Icon to move back to "Top page".
3. Select DRUMMER & PRESETSelect "DRUMMER TOP" page. Tap "More Drummers".
Select your favorite Drummer.
Select "PRESET" and tap "Follow". Tap Icon to move to Track view.
Tap "Settings" icon. Change "Tempo & Key Signature".
4. Play & ListenTap "PLAY" button to listen.
Listen Sponge K.'s Remix!
5. Save your projectTap icon and select "My Songs" to save project.